Wednesday, March 30, 2005

COM: The living will, or the living hell . . .

Robert Friedman of the St. Petersburg Times (that's in Florida dudes) lays out the perfect Living Will to prevent a Living Hell.

An excerpt:

* I want my case to be turned into a circus by losers and crackpots from around the country who hope to bring meaning to their empty lives by investing the same transient emotion in me that they once reserved for Laci Peterson, Chandra Levy and that little girl who got stuck in a well.

* I want to be placed in a hospice where protesters can gather to bring further grief and disruption to the lives of dozens of dying patients and families whose stories are sadder than my own.

* I want total strangers - oily politicians, maudlin news anchors, ersatz friars and all other hangers-on - to start calling me "Bobby," as if they had known me since childhood.
Read the rest here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home