Thursday, April 07, 2005

OBT: An old friend

Linda Baumann, died yesterday from a fall at home. It is a sad passing of the matriarch of one of those families you always wish you had.

Her son Brent was one of my all-time favorite players. He was the nicest kid you could ever ask for, always was absolutely polite and respectful, and had a fire in him like no other. Last i heard he was still career Air Force. I guess i may be seeing him this week under not so good circumstances.

As Shelby Metcalf, basketball coach at Texas A&M, once told me about how he chose prospects, "he was just raised right." Metcalf recruited families as much as he did players.

In any case, from knowing Brent and his sister, I know that Mike and Linda Baumann were about the nicest and most sincere parents involved with my program.

My heart goes out to the whole family on their loss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home