Friday, October 30, 2009

ATH: US Women's Team

Germany 0 - USA Women 1

The United States Women's National Team beat Germany 1-0 at Impuls Arena in Augsburg, Germany. Washington Freedom forward Abby Wambach got the game's only goal in the 35th-minute, heading in a cross from Yael Averbuch. Hope Solo picked up the shutout for the United States with one save.

“I think interestingly enough what has happened the last few times I’ve played Germany is that the team that had the run of play, ended up losing," Wambach said. "Germany had so many great chances, they kept the ball really well and got in behind us a few times. But I think what happens when you have a back five that are as relentless in defending as our defense, it’s just so tough to score. I know from experience because I have to practice against them every day.”


Tags: , , ,

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home