Thursday, July 08, 2010

MSC: Dana Cooper coming to Kerrville!

From Dana's newsletter . . .

Happy July! Are you managing to stay cool? Thermometer in my Toyota kept bouncing between 100 and 101 all day. Sometime when you are chilling out check my website for a couple of new posts. There you can listen to two of the songs I performed last March on KUT in Austin. You can also read another of my ongoing stories, "The Accident Prone Priest."

I drive north today for two shows in Minnesota with the remarkable singer songwriter Brandon Sampson. Brandon, along with his band Six Mile Grove, has done a remarkable job of organizing Americana Showcases throughout Minnesota. This Friday, July 9 Brandon and I play a house concert in Roseville, MN along with Darren Jackson. The three of us perform the following night, July 10 at Jitter's Java Cafe and Wine Bar in Saux Center, MN. All details listed below.

I return to Nashville for a few days then down to Texas for a great string of concerts, parties and the Kerrville Kids Music Camp. I will be in Galveston, Houston, Kerrville, Tomball, San Antonio, New Braunfels and Amarillo. If you live in Texas chances are I will be singing somewhere nearby. See all the details for shows below.

Have I mentioned lately how much I love playing house concerts? Well, I do. This is the most intimate, memorable way to hear some of your favorite singer songwriters in your own home surrounded by people who share your love for live music. All you need do is invite 20 or more friends who can toss $10 to $20 in the hat, gather everyone in your living room and the concert is yours. I want to play for you and your friends, so please contact Terri Stewart at stewartmgmt@earthlink.net and tell her if you are interested. She can compare calendars and let you know when I can be in your area.

Thank you for your support of independent music. Special thanks to all those good folks in radio who are playing tracks from "The Conjurer" all over the country and around the world.

--Dana


Tags: , , ,

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home