Wednesday, August 04, 2010

COM: More Prop 8

My Rep, Lamar Smith, once walked into my office for a little chat . . . not my style of politician for sure, but i had thought he was an honorable man . . . until now . . . here's his voice, followed by the loss of my telling people that i respected him despite his conservatism . . .

U.S. Rep. Lamar Smith, R-Texas, House Judiciary Committee: "When Congress returns from recess, I plan to introduce a resolution condemning today's decision and urging an immediate appeal. The voters of California are not the only ones who lost today. This decision defies the voice of all citizens who have sought to define marriage in their states as the union between one man and one woman. Judge Walker's actions should be opposed and the decision should be swiftly overturned."


Tags: , ,

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home